Swimming Safety Tips
As we come to the close of an AWESOME, FUN-FILLED SUMMER CAMP at Community Day Nursery, I would like to remind parents of some very important safety tips for the children participating in the swimming lessons.
- Children were introduced to the beginning stage of swimming only. While the children did extremely
- During swim instruction children wore life vests or floating belts AT ALL TIMES. They should continue to wear these protective devices.
- Children should never run, jump, push, or any other type or horseplay near a pool.
- Always provide competent adult supervision when children are near water. NEVER leave a child unattended in or near a pool.
- Keep rescue devices and first aid supplies near the pool. A floating shepherds crook is useful.
- Teach children what to do in case of an emergency.
- Children should always stay clear of drains in the pool.
Many local agencies offer individual and group swim lessons. Parents may continue the swimming experience for the entire family. Safety is always our first concern. Hopefully, these tips will help your family enjoy safe, pool fun!